mandag den 25. august 2008

Stream music to your symbian phone - N95

Hello fellow unslung amigos!

Just a quick note: This blog hit 1000 hits yesterday! Thank you for you interest so far, I really appreciate it! I hope I can keep publishing new useful guides that you can use with your unslung device!

So whats next? If you have followed the cherokee webserver guides you may have installed the Kplaylist app which streams your music. Very useful indeed!

Next we will take it a steep further and look at how to stream music from your slug, through cherokee webserver, through kplaylist to your mobile telephone using some neat tricks.

UPDATE: (9/9-08)Though I did get some sound out of my phone, it was quite random when it wanted to start streaming..(and if it did, it took several minutes for it to start) the whole process was too bulky.. So I really don't recommend buying the nslu2 for that purpose... though my N95 streamed music from the www.di.fm site like it was borned to.. it wasn't happy for my kplaylist nslu2 setup.. unfortunately.. But don't let that scare you! prolly just me who didn't try hard enough! Try following this guides:

Windows Mobile: http://www.kplaylist.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2149
Symbian : http://www.kplaylist.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2165#p8797

Be sure to let me know if you have a different opinion (important: how you did it ;) - I'll try with another distro :)

please note that kplaylist with cherokee works brilliant streaming from winamp, windows media player or the flash player using a desktop pc.

Have fun !

Ingen kommentarer: