lørdag den 31. januar 2009

More debian apps

Though its maybe not a blog post worthy, I just found a great list of guides for different debian apps.

I can recommend the openVPN guide found on the list.

If you wonder what VPN is read this:
"A VPN (virtual private network) is client/server software that allows you to connect securely to a remote network from anywhere, including over a modem or a broadband connection. You can drag files from your own computer to the vpn network, analyze data remotely, edit documents residing on your work computer, and everything else you can do at work. This lets you do work at home at night, on weekends, and on holidays as if you were in the office 24 hours a day, working continuously!"
Source - Just search VPN on google :) Theres also a torrentflux guide which works flawlessly!

I hope you all are doing great with your slugs - have fun! :)

3 kommentarer:

Anonym sagde ...

Hi,

well, thank you for the link to my site. I shall also recommand the MySQL guide that help to install a quite complete setup. And my Xen install guide is one of the articles i'm the proudest of.

Nevermind, the openvpn guide was one of my first complex (and complete) all-in-one install guide. I'm happy you like it :) please post a "thank you" comment on my site if you use it :)

Lone Wolf

vikezz sagde ...

grrreeaat..! and thanks for a great site! :)

Cheers

Anonym sagde ...

Hi i have one question how to use vpn with wireless network under linux?